Rotary's Focus Areas
Together with over 1 million Rotarians around the world, the Rotarians of The Rotary Club of Makati Dasmariñas dedicate time, talent and treasure to help make a difference in 6 development concerns for people in our communities and around the world.
These 6 Focus Areas of Rotary International are:
- Saving Mothers and Children - Nearly 6 million children under the age of five die each year because of malnutrition, poor health care, and inadequate sanitation. We expand access to quality care, so mothers and their children can live and grow stronger;
- Fighting Disease - We educate and equip communities to stop the spread of life-threatening diseases like polio, HIV/AIDS, and malaria. We improve and expand access to low-cost and free health care in developing areas;
- Supporting Education - More than 775 million people over the age of 15 are illiterate. Our goal is to strengthen the capacity of communities to support basic education and literacy, reduce gender disparity in education, and increase adult literacy;
- Growing Local Economies - We carry out service projects that enhance economic and community development and create opportunities for decent and productive work for young and old. We also strengthen local entrepreneurs and community leaders, particularly women, in impoverished communities.
- Providing Clean Water - We support local solutions to bring clean water, sanitation, and hygiene to more people every day. We don’t just build wells and walk away. We share our expertise with community leaders and educators to make sure our projects succeed long-term;
- Promoting Peace - Rotary encourages conversations to foster understanding within and across cultures. We train adults and young leaders to prevent and mediate conflict and help refugees who have fled dangerous areas;
Rotary's Avenues of Service
For years, Rotary’s commitment to "Service Above Self" and our efforts under our six focus areas havebeen channeled through 5 "Avenues of Service". These Avenues of Service form the foundation of our Club Activities.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan;
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Learn more in An Introduction to Vocational Service and the Code of Conduct;
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest. Learn more in Communities in Action: A Guide to Effective Projects and this Community Service presentation (PPT);
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more;
- New Generations Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract and Interact, recognizing achievements through Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA), and creating international understanding with Rotary Youth Exchange.
Let's make a difference together!
Become a Club Member, Volunteer, Donor, or Partner today.