Become a Rotarian
Impact starts with our members — people like you who want to be part of making the world a better place. At club meetings in communities across the globe, our members come together to strengthen their connections to friends and neighbors and their commitment to improving lives.
Who can join?
We’re looking for people who want to give back to their communities.
Rotary clubs also welcome Rotaractors, Rotary Peace Fellows, and other members of the family of Rotary who qualify for membership.
How can I become a member?
To apply as a club member, an application form must be filled out for the board to review and take up to the members for ratification. Barring any objection, membership is granted.
From there, or sometimes even at the inquiry stage, there is a briefing / orientation.
What are the benefits?
Becoming a Rotary member connects you with a diverse group of professionals who share your drive to give back. Through regular meetings and events, you will:
- Discuss your community’s needs and develop creative ways to meet them
- Connect with other leaders who are changing the world
- Expand your leadership and professional skills
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones
Other benefits of membership include:
- Rotary Global Rewards, our member benefits program, which offers discounts on products and services. It’s Rotary’s way of helping our members spend less so they can do more.
- Rotary International Convention is our biggest event of the year. Rotary members from more than 130 countries meet at the convention each year to celebrate our successes and make plans for the future.
- Rotary Fellowships give members the chance to join a group of people who share similar interests, hobbies, or vocations. Some groups use their fellowship to make a positive difference.
- Rotarian Action Groups unite Rotary members, family members, program participants and alumni who share their expertise in particular fields by collaborating with clubs and districts on projects.
What’s expected of me?
As a club member, you will be asked to:
- Pay club dues. Members pay an annual fee of PHP 18,000. At some points in the year, there are typical expenses like fees for the meetings or special events, and contributing time or talent or treasure to service projects.
- Attend meetings and events. A member should attend at least 3 club events (be it the regular Wednesday meetings, or a fellowship like a celebration, or a community service event like a feeding program). There is an attendance requirement, a very manageable number.
- Use your professional skills and talents to make a difference. All members also must be part of any 1 of the 6 community service subcommittees.
This system helps us cover, as a club, the 6 Focus Areas of Rotary International.
Members of 1 committee basically plan and execute the service projects. There are legacy projects and programs -- you can start one if you like and call on club support. That's why it is important to choose a committee whose focus is close to your heart.
Being part of one Committee doesn't preclude you from participating in the projects of other committees of course. It's just that you will have your own major focus.
The committees / focus areas are:
In doing these things, we work through our 4 Avenues of Service -- our vocation (i.e. doctor members lending time and talent for medical missions), lei communities, young people (i.e. with Rotary Youth clubs) and globally (i.e. with sister clubs abroad).
Rotaract and Interact clubs for young leaders
If you’re between the ages of 12 and 30, you may be interested in joining one of our service clubs for young professionals and youth. Like Rotary clubs, Rotaract and Interact clubs give their members the chance to make friends, develop leadership skills, and create positive change. Learn more about Rotaract and Interact clubs.
Let's make a difference together!
Become a Club Member, Volunteer, Donor, or Partner today.